Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Best Thing I Never Had

My ex-husband recently made it clear that he had made a mistake and that he misses me and still loves me. Only thing that popped into my mind was "Sucks to be you right now". Often times songs like "Best I Never Had" by Beyonce and "Blame it on Me" by Chrisette Michele are dismissed as underrated or even bitter but in all honesty those songs reflect real feelings. They are valid places in a person's (not just a woman's) life. Some relationships just need to be over and that is A-ok. When I read my ex-husband's words, I literally embodied Beyonce and was thinking "thank God you blew it, thank God I dodged a bullet"....it was the best thing for my life. It was almost a mini celebration for me. Not because he was filled with regret, but because I was at a place where I could see the situation for what it was and could not be sucked back in by those 4 words that can break a woman down "I Still Love You". I've stated in previous entries, love is not enough to be with someone. It takes more. In that moment I will admit I did feel vindicated because my ex realized something I already knew...I'm a good woman and he was lucky if not blessed with a miracle to have had me. But it's more than that...it's closure with a rhythm and a beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment