Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Basketball Debauchery

So half of the people I know are addicted to this show "Basketball Wives" and the other ones about women with crazy relationships with famous people. I've seen the show but I don't watch it on a consistent basis. The show does what most shows do, create drama and ridiculous arguments centered around trivial issues that no real person would care about. But as I came to that evaluation I wondered if other women feel like that or do a lot of us have lives that mirror these shows; after all they are still on the air. Why do we as women like so much to talk about each other and gossip? Why do we like to see other people do it? One girl was mad b/c her friend said something about her ridiculously stupid relationship with a man who changed his name to "ocho cinco". Are this characters or are they real people that exist in society? I guess for every "For Colored Girls" women that have real things going on and developing unfortunate strength, there's "Basketball Wives" petty women with nothing going on but arguments and failed marriages/relationships. I wonder when it became more important to make money and embarrass ourselves than to set an example for generations to come and achieve excellence. I see why the bible condemns seeking riches and money...it can really make you ugly. And nothing is uglier than those lovable wives.

No comments:

Post a Comment